Law Enforcement and the Fusion Center:
The national network of fusion centers has matured to become the focal point of intelligence collection, information sharing and analysis. The national network of fusion centers is a valuable tool for law enforcement agencies, providing much needed intelligence to support operational decision making, resource allocation and target hardening recommendations. Although each state’s regional, county or local fusion center is different, they all have a baseline capability to execute intelligence collection and analysis. Many centers across the country have embraced and resourced the cyber threat intelligence mission by employing analysts and traditional analytical tradecraft to gathered cyber threat information, producing timely and relevant cyber threat intelligence products. This course will provide participants with a better understanding of the fusion center All Threats / All Crimes / All Hazards approach and how they can leverage fusion center capabilities in furtherance of intelligence led decision making, investigative support, intelligence gathering and enhanced situational awareness.
- An overview of the national network of fusion centers, their operating principles and capabilities
- An overview of how fusion centers collect, analyze, and share emerging cyber threat intelligence
- Fusion center partnerships that support the cyber threat intelligence mission
- Examples of cyber threat intelligence products
- An explanation of the Traffic Light Protocol (TLP)
- Current and pending legislation, policies and regulations impacting fusion centers
This course will also provide recommendations for successful interactions with fusion centers, beyond the cyber threat intelligence function.
For course pricing and discount opportunities for your organization, please contact Bray Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.