Introduction to Cybersecurity
This introductory course, designed specifically for law enforcement, will provide line officers, mid-level supervisors and executive leadership with the information they need to understand the cybersecurity domain and it’s associated terminology. This course has no pre-requisites and prior education in cybersecurity is not required.
Topics presented in this course include:
- Definitions of key terms and concepts in the field of cybersecurity;
- Open source intelligence collection (OSINT) – what resources and techniques are available to law enforcement
- Introduction of concepts like malware, ransomware, viruses, trojans, network security, cryptography, identity theft and risk management;
- Overview of the dark web and the implications for law enforcement
- Networking and communications: fundamentals, security challenges and standards;
- Network security: firewalls, virtual private networks, intrusion detection / prevention;
- Authentication: access control, passwords, two-factor authentication;
- End user training requirements – why the human element remains the greatest vulnerability;
- Properly asses and improve cyber risk posture in real computing, networking and software systems;
- Identification of the threat landscape to include current threat actors and their motivations;
- An overview of social media and how it can be leveraged by law enforcement agencies;
- The role of Fusion Centers in supporting cybersecurity;
The class will also include a discussion of cybersecurity best practices and emphasize the importance of promoting good cyber-hygiene within your organization.
Upcoming Course Schedule:
May 9, 2018 2-hour course recommended for Sheriff’s, senior deputies and non-sworn personnel
May 10, 2018 8-hour course recommended for Deputies
10:00 AM – 12:00 Noon – May 9, 2018
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM – May 10, 2018 Continental Breakfast and Lunch included in the cost in the cost.
Where: Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office, 2500 Kozloski Road, Freehold, NJ 07728
Parking: in front of the Main building, or at the overflow lot across the street.
$50.00 2-Hour course*
$150.00 8-Hour course. Special introductory offer!!!
*Sheriffs that attend the 2-hour course and enroll 5 personnel in the 8-hour course can attend the 2-hour course for free.
Register for 2 hour course
For additional information or course pricing and discount opportunities for your organization, please contact Bray Barnes at email@example.com.